Friday, September 12, 2008








I'm finally starting my blog!!!






Here are some highlights from the past week or so.








Ethan is in third grade and has a man teacher. It's a rare thing, and I guess it's making an impact on Ethan because now he says he might want to be a teacher himself someday. I asked what his favorite thing about Mr. Bradley is. The response: "He's funny. He calls your pointer finger your 'booger finger'." Great. Ethan also started back up his piano lessons this week. It's his second year of piano and he really seems to like it.



The most exciting thing for Taylie was getting a package from Mema with matching dresses for her and her American Girl Doll Nellie. I bought the fabric and the patterns at least 6 months ago, but it was becoming increasingly obvious that I was never going to get around to acutally sewing them. Mom took pity on me while she was here. She took the stuff home and got it all done within a month. Thanks, Mom! Taylie really likes first grade, especially getting to eat lunch at school. She also takes dance lessons and singing lessons. She sang in the Payson Onion Days Children's Talent Show 2 weeks ago. The audience was probably 300 people, but she didn't seem scared at all. Just got up there and did her thing. She sang "It's the Hard Knock Life" from the musical Annie, with actions and things that her music teacher taught her. It's adorable, and someday maybe I'll figure out how to put a video clip online for you all to see.


I wanted to picture of Brenna to be right here, but I guess I didn't do it right and since this is already my 6th try, I'm just leaving it the way it is. Sarah, help!


Brenna started Preschool this week, and she loves it! They studied ladybugs and she brought home a big plastic cup full of ladybugs. She and Ethan let them loose in our yard when he got home from school. Brenna will go to school twice a week for 2 1/2 hours. Just the perfect amount of time for her (and for me). She also is taking a creative dance class. She's been excited about that for 2 years, so it's like a dream come true for her. I think her favorite part is the leotards. She keeps telling me how pretty she looks in a tutu.


Blake is mostly just growing. He eats, sleeps, etc. Normal newborn stuff. I'd guess he weighs about 8 pounds by now. He still sleeps well at night, waking me up between 1 and 3 times, depending on when I go to bed and when I wake up. I'm really ready for him to have a more predictable daytime schedule, so I'm working on that. It basically means that I need to plan my shopping, etc. around what I want him to be doing. Blake is also losing his hair in a funny way. I'm now going to post a picture of that, but I have no idea where the picture will be located on the blog page. Just find it. It's the only picture of the top of a baby's head. I'll also post a picture of his cute little face, mostly to keep Mom happy. Here goes.

Well, I guess maybe I need to put all of the pictures up first, then make my words fit around them. Next time. I just wish someone (James) would write a program that lets the computer read my mind. Then it will just know where I want the pictures, and it will be so much easier for me to do this stuff. Don't laugh at me too much. I'll get good at this.








1 comment:

Sarah said...

yay, you wrote on your blog! That's exciting.

Um, yeah, pictures are a constant battle for me and I sometimes yell at the computer. Basically though, you can drag them down with the mouse to wherever you want them...but then it messes up the format of the typing and ROAR...I hate it.