Monday, November 23, 2009

Taylie's Baptism

Taylie turned 8 on October 22. She was baptized on Halloween. I wanted to dress her as the Bride of Frankenstien (all white!) but James said it wouldn't be appropriate. Drat.
Monica came down from Idaho with Bridget and Brooklyn. (Eric was in Houston for some business trip.)
Melanie and her children came. They actually stayed for trick-or-treating. David, Amy, and Michael also came, as did Grandma and Grandpa Kitchen.
Aunt Liz came to the baptism and brought Grammy.
Taylie designed the dress herself, and a good friend of mine (with way more talent than I've got) did the sewing. She had Taylie's measurements and the picture Taylie drew. Turned out beautiful, didn't it? I think Taylie might have a future in fashion design. The baptism was a great experience, and something that Taylie will remember for the rest of her life. We are so proud of her!