Monday, June 7, 2010

Brenna's Birthday

Here's another example of my fantastic parenting. Brenna has little or no concept of weeks and months, so I've had a hard time explaining to her when her birthday was. (She knows it's May 6th, she just doesn't know what that means exactly). On Monday, I told her "your birthday is Thursday". On Tuesday I said "2 more days". On Wednesday I woke up with a nasty cold. A really nasty cold. So I told her "soon". By Thursday I was basically stuck in bed feeling miserable, so we all ignored her birthday all together. I postponed her party a week. So on the 15th, we told Brenna it was finally her birthday, and we celebrated like crazy. In her eyes, she had a wonderful birthday. I think if she'd known that the day I was sick was actually her birthday, she'd have been very disappointed.
We had a Dora the Explorer party. She invited 5 friends. We went on a little adventure, just like Dora does, with a little game at each stop. Swiper (Ethan) even popped out to try and swipe their candy. The end of the journey was the kitchen, where we ate cake and ice cream. Brenna took her "make a wish before you blow out the candles" very seriously.
I forgot to upload my photos with the first ones last and the last ones first, so they're just in reverse order. Oops.
So here's the lovely Dora cake. Grandma Kitchen always makes the birthday cakes, and my kids always seem to challenge her creativity. She never fails to get it just right, though. Such talent!
Anyway, it was a great birthday! We are so proud of our 5-year-old.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The party sounds like it was worth waiting for and the cake looked amazing. Happy Birthday Brenna!