Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Break in Ogden

For Spring Break we traveled to far-away Ogden. It was a pretty short little trip, but we packed a lot of fun into those 2 days. First we went to Chuck-E-Cheese for lunch, then drove the rest of the way to Ogden and checked into our hotel. I made sure to get a hotel with an indoor swimming pool, so the next thing we did was swim. Blake and Brenna are not great swimmers, so I took them back to the room after about 45 minutes. Ethan, Taylie and James stayed for longer.
Ethan and Blake in our hotel room
After swimming we ate dinner, then went to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3-D. This picture is of Taylie and Brenna wearing the special 3-D glasses.
The next morning we went to Ogden's Children's Museum (called the Treehouse Museum). It was really fun for the kids! There are a ton of hands-on exhibits. This picture is of the kids banging and African drum in the Music room.
Here are Taylie and Brenna working on some art project or another. There were at least 5 different art project areas in the museum.
Next we went to Washington DC, where Ethan hung out with President Obama in the Oval Office. (In case anyone is confused, this is just another exhibit in the Treehouse Museum.)
After the Treehouse Museum we had lunch and headed to Eccles Dinosaur Park. The kids really liked this as well. There is an indoor museum, but most of the fun is outside. There are a bunch of walking trails, and as you walk along you pass dozens of life-size dinosaur statues. It was fun to find our favorite dinos. There is also a large playground area. This picture is Brenna sitting on a half-hatched dino baby.
This picture is of the kids feeding the fish in this large pond. 50 cents of fish food = 50 seconds of fun. You can see one of the dino statues in the background.
And finally, here are the kids inside a dino skull.
After the dinosaur park we drove home. I really don't remember much about the drive (good thing James was behind the wheel) and I don't remember anything at all about that evening. I may have fallen asleep before the kids did. I don't remember my childhood vacations being quite so exhausting. Oh wait, that's because I was a CHILD. Vacations aren't much work for the little ones. My parents, on the other hand, were probably total zombies. It was nice to get home. The trip was fun though. We made some great memories.

1 comment:

Wilkerson Weekly said...

Looks like lots of fun. Next time, though, come here!