Last month my ward book group read the book Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber. It's about a group of widows who each make a list of - you guessed it - twenty wishes, or twenty things they'd like to do. Naturally, as part of the discussion we all talked about what our wishes are. I don't have twenty, but here's what I've got so far:
1. Open a library in my town. James's company will fund it (I'll buy all of the books from thrift stores, since book shopping at thrift stores is my favorite thing to do anyway) and I already have friends who have volunteered to help alphabetize them, etc. I love libraries!
2. Learn to play the violin. I have my second lesson in about 2 hours. I decided the fact that I have 4 children shouldn't hold me back. Some things have to wait (like the library) but this one I'm doing NOW.
3. Serve a mission. Maybe 3 or 4 of them, but definitely at least 1.
4. Go skiing
5. Visit every one of the 50 states. I visited a lot as a child, but I think I should re-visit as an adult.
6. Visit every existing D.I.
7. Read War and Peace
8. Fly first class just once
So that's only 8 wishes, but it's a start, right? If I think of more I'll let you know.
WILKERSON FAMILY REUNION CRUISE
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment