Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Black and Bleu Quesadillas

I didn't find any new food storage recipes this week. I tried 2 but didn't care for either one. So here's a recipe I re-created from a dish I ate at Mimi's Cafe. Mostly I just need to write it down somewhere.

First, rub cajun seasoning or blackening spices into 3 chicken breasts (how much you rub in depends on how spicy you like your food. I get lots, the kids get almost none.) Grill or bake the chicken and cut it into strips.

Take 4 tortillas and top them with:
Sliced Monterey Jack Cheese
The Chicken Strips
Chopped tomato
Sliced green onion
Cooked crumbled bacon
Crumbled bleu cheese
Place another tortilla on top.

Cook the quesadillas in a frying pan or quesadilla maker until the tortillas are crispy and the cheese is melted. Slice into triangles and serve. Yum.

Book of the Week: The Distant Land of my Father by Bo Caldwell
I really liked this book and I'd recommend it. It was not a light, easy, funny book. There are some difficult issues dealing with families and forgiveness. But it isn't disturbing. It just makes you think. I felt like the characters were real people. It was definitely one of the better books I've read recently. A keeper.

No comments: