I was cleaning the downstairs of my house. See the living room? Vacuumed, dusted, toys put away, backpacks and coats hung where they belong.
The kitchen was looking wonderful as well. I even set the table to look all pretty. Dishes done, counters cleaned, floor mopped. What was Brenna doing during all this time? Good question. I should have asked it sooner, because here is the answer.
Yep, she was using markers (washable, thank heaven, but still) to COLOR THE CARPET in the family room upstairs. She had noticed the error of her ways and tried to clean it up with a kleenex. It didn't work. I took this picture so I could someday show it to her when her preschooler is driving her nuts. Then, while I cleaned it up, I plotted my revenge . . . I mean, my blog post. Good thing I don't have those crazy pregnancy hormones anymore. 8 months ago I probably would have thrown her off the deck. Instead, I just made her help me clean it. She knew I was angry, so it was actually a bad punishment for her. She kept trying to hug me but I wouldn't let her until it was clean. Or, as clean as it's going to get without professional intervention. Argh! If I decide to sell her on ebay, this incident will not be mentioned in my product description. Good thing there are plenty of nice things to say about her. Can't think of any right now, but give me a few hours. I really do love that girl.
Yep, she was using markers (washable, thank heaven, but still) to COLOR THE CARPET in the family room upstairs. She had noticed the error of her ways and tried to clean it up with a kleenex. It didn't work. I took this picture so I could someday show it to her when her preschooler is driving her nuts. Then, while I cleaned it up, I plotted my revenge . . . I mean, my blog post. Good thing I don't have those crazy pregnancy hormones anymore. 8 months ago I probably would have thrown her off the deck. Instead, I just made her help me clean it. She knew I was angry, so it was actually a bad punishment for her. She kept trying to hug me but I wouldn't let her until it was clean. Or, as clean as it's going to get without professional intervention. Argh! If I decide to sell her on ebay, this incident will not be mentioned in my product description. Good thing there are plenty of nice things to say about her. Can't think of any right now, but give me a few hours. I really do love that girl.
1 comment:
Oh, Megan you are hilarious! I'm so glad you can find some humor in the situation. Every other mom who's had a preschooler can appreciate your experience, so thanks for sharing. In the mean time let this be a lesson to all of us. If the kids are being quiet and letting you get something done it's probably because they're up to no good.
Post a Comment